To honor Him is our greatest desire.
It is our prayer that everyone who comes to Sojourn would know Jesus and continue to grow into His image, would become a disciple of Jesus, seeking first His Kingdom, would know the love of the Father, the grace of the Lord Jesus and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, and would be committed to advancing the Kingdom of God. Our heart cry is to know Him.
Statement of Faith
The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His future return to rule on earth in power and glory.
The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ.
We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and His death, burial and resurrection, salvation is a gift from God and not a result of our good works or human effort.
Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for personal salvation.
- In water baptism by immersion for all believer.
- In partaking of the Lord’s supper in remembrance of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.
- In the infilling work of the Holy Spirit to empower believers to be His witnesses, we believe that the manifestations of the Holy Spirit are still operative today, just as they were in the first century.
We will go to heaven or hell – that heaven is the eternal dwelling place of all believers and that hell is eternal separation from God for those who refuse His salvation.
Our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and everyone will come to final judgment with its rewards and punishment.
We are called to be disciples of Jesus who advance His Kingdom. We encourage everyone at Sojourn to:
- Come to the worship service to be encouraged by praise & worship, preaching, prayer, ministry and teaching of God’s word.
- Join a Sojourn Group to build relationships, make disciples and reach out to your neighbors.
- Go through Catch the Vision, our membership class, which gives you an opportunity to meet the elders and staff, and be joined to us.
- Attend our “Free Indeed” seminar and discover the freedom that is available to every believer through Jesus Christ.
- Continue to grow as a disciple of Jesus by attending the various discipleship classes and seminars offered throughout the year.
- Become a Lighthouse of Prayer in your neighborhood or workplace. This means simply taking responsibility to pray for your neighbors, blessing them and believing for an opportunity to share the Gospel with them.
- Utilize the many books and teachings that are found in our foyer and use these resources to help others, as well.
- Get involved with the various outreaches and missions of our church by praying, serving, going and giving.